ABOUT MY ART
I started making digital collage art as a personal reflection to our visual world:
finding a strong undertone of irony within consumerism, celebrity culture and objectification. I find myself torn. I am mesmerized by the glittery, visual aesthetics of femininity, glamour and pop culture but I am equally resentful at the obvious problematic nature of our disposable, beauty-consumed world.
My earlier artwork flaunts a more sarcastic response to my juxtapositional love/hate relationship to pop-culture. My art in recent years has evolved into more simplistic illustrations where I am predominantly focused on the intuitive aspects of design - playing with colour and layout, fashion, and even exploring themes of healing with therapeutic quotes.
1. Roncy Rocks - June 2016 - Toronto
2. Kensington Market Art Fair - August 2017 - Toronto
3. Kensington Market Art Fair - September 2017 - Toronto
4. Artist Project Untapped Emerging Artists - February 2019 - Toronto
5. Kensington Market Art Fair - July 2019 - Toronto
6. Kensington Market Art Fair - September 2019 - Toronto
7. Artist Project Contemporary Art Fair - February 2020 - Toronto
ARTIST PROJECT 2019
UNTAPPED EMERGING ARTIST
UNTAPPED Emerging Artists Competition, presented by DeSerres, is a juried competition that awards 20 emerging artists from all mediums an opportunity to exhibit at a professional-level art fair at Toronto's Artist Project show. People vote all weekend for their favourite untapped artist and the winner is awarded a free booth at Artist Project 2020! I won that free booth! Thanks to everyone who voted.
Commission for Reebok Canada featured at The Peace Collective.
Blog TO Top 10.
Commission for Oni-One Sourcing & Purchasing as a residential lobby installation.