My art has a strong undertone of societal confusion.
I am mesmerized by the visual aesthetic of femininity and the enchanting world of celebrity but I feel ANGST at the objectifying message within our media. My art illustrates a juxtaposition between the sparkle of Hollywood and the hateful self loathing of a highly sexualized, consumerist culture. I see glitter, and I see gloom. I use digital collage as my medium for a fast personal release and sense of escapism, but also as a way to expressly recycle the digital images society is bombarded with. My work has an un-perfect cut and paste, grunge-like application to mimic the short lived, disposable celebrity culture we live in.
1. Roncy Rocks - June 2016 - Toronto
2. Kensington Market Art Fair - August 2017 - Toronto
3. Kensington Market Art Fair - September 2017 - Toronto
4. Artist Project Untapped Emerging Artists - February 2019 - Toronto
5. Kensington Market Art Fair - July 2019 - Toronto
6. Kensington Market Art Fair - September 2019 - Toronto
7. Artist Project Contemporary Art Fair - February 2020
ARTIST PROJECT 2019
UNTAPPED EMERGING ARTIST
UNTAPPED Emerging Artists Competition, presented by DeSerres, is a juried competition that awards 20 emerging artists from all mediums an opportunity to exhibit at a professional-level art fair at Toronto's Artist Project show. People vote all weekend for their favourite untapped artist and the winner is awarded a free booth at Artist Project 2020! I won that free booth! Thanks to everyone who voted.